Integrating your calendar with MailChimp allows you to send event newsletters, event updates, and collect email addresses from users interested in your events. To get started, make sure you have an account with MailChimp. They have free accounts, and you only start paying once you exceed certain thresholds of mails sent and subscribers. Make sure you complete the full account information including address. This will appear at the bottom of your emails, and most countries’ anti-spam laws require it to be complete. Mailchimp works with Lists and Campaigns. If these are new concepts to you, start by reviewing Mailchimp documentation of how to setup your lists and campaigns. To get started, make one new list called “test” and add your own email address to the list.
Connect your Timely Calendar to MailChimp
Once you have created your MailChimp account, authorize Timely to connect to your account. Navigate to Dashboard > Newsletters and click the logo.
Sign into Your Mailchimp account
Setting up a Newsletter
Newsletters are regularly scheduled emails that include a list of upcoming events for a set period of time.
- Select Either Newsletter or Single email.
- Choose the list you would like the email to be sent out to
- Choose the Frequency either Daily, weekly or monthly and set the time the Newsletter will be sent out at
- You can filter the events which will be sent out in your newsletter by selecting from your categories, tags, organizers and venues.
- Create the email subject
- Add in the content of the email
- Click "save" and you are all set!
Using Single Mail you may send custom email newsletters or notifications to subscribers of your choosing. A great use for this might be to send an email notifying subscribers to the event that tickets have gone on sale. Or you may wish to send a custom newsletter about the events in a particular festival.