With a Timely account, you can set up a Front End Submission Form in the public view of your events calendar, and accept event submissions from your community and local partners. With this feature you can populate your website calendar with events hosted by other organizations effortlessly.
1. Creating a Front End Submission Form
Once you log into your Timely account, click on the “Settings tab” on the left menu on your dashboard. Then, in “General Settings”, click on “Event Submission Form”. The area will expand and you can click the “Enable event submissions form” to enable the feature.
2. Additional Event Submission Form Set up Options
Once you have enabled the “Event Submission Form” in “General Settings”, you will be able to see the following additional set up options:
- Automatically approve new submitters: if you check this option, all submitters will be automatically approved by default. This will be the general rule, even if you had previously set up individual approval rules.
- Automatically approve new submitters: if you check this option, all events sent by all submitters will be automatically approved by default. If you enabled this, any previous individual submitter approval setting will be disregarded.
- Hide add event button: This option removes the “+ ADD EVENT” button from your public events calendar. However, it will not make any changes to the submitters settings and approvals.
3. Receiving Events Submissions from the Community
When you enable the Event Submission Form option, the public view of your website events calendar will show a new button “+ ADD EVENT” on the top, close to the current date.
3.1. Sign up / Sign in Requirement
When someone clicks on the “+ ADD EVENT” button on your website calendar, a popup box will open. For security reasons, event submitters must create an account with Timely to be able to submit events to your calendar.
New event submitters will receive an email from us asking them to verify their email address to activate their account.
If the event submitter already has a Timely account, he or she just needs to sign in to the application.
3.2. Submitting Events through the Front End Submission Form
After successfully signing in, a front end submission form will open in the screen. with the option to add information to the event that will be submitted. Some fields are mandatory and will be highlighted in red in case the information is missing.
Once the event details are filled out and the event submitter press the “Submit Event” button, a “Thank you for your submission” message will appear on the screen, confirming the event was submitted to the events calendar owner.
4. Approving New Event Submitters
When a new user signs up to your events calendar as an event submitter, you will receive a notification by email. You can then login into your Timely account and approve or reject the new event submitter. You can also choose to automatically approve all events submitted by that particular event submitter.
5. Managing your Event Submitters
To manage your event submitters, in your Timely account, click on the “Settings tab”, and then the “Submitters tab”. There, you will find information about all your submitters, and be able to change properties for each of them, individually.
5.1. List your Event Submitters
You can list your submitters by their statuses. Just click on the desired option, and the list will be filtered accordingly. The list options are:
- Pending; or
5.2. Edit your Event Submitters’ Information
To edit any event submitter’s profile, place the cursor over the selected submitter, and then click on the Edit option.
A panel will open on the right side of your screen. You will be able to see the submitter’s First Name, Last Name and Email, but cannot change this information. Only the event submitter can change these fields.
The fields you will be able to change are the following:
a) Role / Permissions:
- Administrator; or
* Be careful when changing permissions because you turn a submitter into an administrator of your calendar, with full permissions.
- Approved; or
* The pending status is only available when the submitter creates an account using the Public Calendar and you need to decide whether you will approve or reject this submitter.
c) Automatically approve all events from this submitter
* To enable this option, disable the “Automatically approve new events submitted” setting under the Event Submission Form section in general settings.
5.3 Delete an Event Submitter
To delete a specific event submitter, place the cursor over the selected submitter, then click on the Delete option.
A popup will open for you to confirm the decision. Click the Delete button to confirm, or the Cancel button to go back to the list of event submitters.
For more user guidance, please go to our Help Center. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, do not hesitate to contact us by opening a support ticket from your Timely account’s dashboard.