With a Timely account, in addition to collecting event registrations, you can also collect booking requests for your free events. This tool allows you to filter each registrant manually before providing them with a ticket to enter the event. Surely, it gives you more control over who comes to your event. In this post, you will learn how to set up RSVP booking requests for free events.
1. What is a Booking Request and What is It For?
Booking request is a feature that allows your audience to ask you for a spot at your event. You can then review the list of registrants, and approve or reject their participation in the event. Its main purpose is to give event organizers more control when managing event registrations.
You can use this feature as a scanning or filter process. For example, a sports club that want to make sure only members whose dues are paid attend their members-only events. Another use cases would be events tailored for a specific audience. Only people who meet the criteria will be able to attend the event.
Another use is as a priority-based waiting list. For instance, registrations based on a priority list, such as previous students or who live in a specific neighbourhood.
Moreover, too often, people sign up for events but never show up, which decreases the number of available tickets. By managing your event registrations with booking requests, you will always have enough room for your eligible attendees. This way you can give priority to the ones who are more likely to attend your event.
2. How To Activate and Set Up RSVP & Time Slot Booking Requests?
The RSVP Booking Request feature is available as an add-on for some of our subscription plans. If you’re interested in this feature, contact us.
After activating the RSVP Booking Feature feature, setting it up is easy. Just follow the steps below:
- Go to your Timely dashboard.
- On the main navigation menu on the left, go to Events, then Add Event to create a new event. Alternatively, you can use the Add event shortcut button on the top right corner of the screen.
- On the event section, go to Costs and Tickets.
- Choose any of the available options for Free Events: Event Registration / RSVP or Time Slot Registration / RSVP.
- You will then see the Booking Request checkbox. Check the box Need approval before registration.
- Finish setting up your event registration. For detailed instructions, follow our help guide posts how to set up event registration RSVP or how to set up time slot registration / RSVP.
3. How Will Your Customers Request to Participate in your Free Events?
When you use the RSVP Booking Request feature, your customers will be able to book a spot at your event at the event page checkout, just as usual.
The only difference is that they will not receive a registration confirmation by email right away. In contrast, they will receive an email confirming their participation request, and letting them know that their solicitation is under review. Then, only after you manually approve their attendance, they will receive a confirmation email with the ticket to enter the event.
For more user guidance, please go to our Help Center. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, do not hesitate to contact us. Alternatively, you can open a support ticket from your Timely account’s dashboard.