With a Timely account and the use of the RSVP booking request feature, you can have total control over your events’ bookings. This means you can review each registrant and manually accept or reject them as it suits you. Enabling the booking request feature for your event helps you not only better manage event participants, but also proper oversee your event, from start to finish. In this post, you will learn how to accept or reject RSVP & Time Slot Booking Requests.
1. Why Should You Use the Booking Request Feature to Approve or Deny RSVPs?
Timely Booking Request feature was designed to give event organizers information on who wants to join their events, and the power to decide who will participate. This functionality is particular useful for events designed for a specific audience or a priority registration order. It is also applicable if you have an internal process that needs to be followed prior to confirming registration on an event. By manually approving or rejecting each event participation solicitation, you are in control of all your event bookings.
2. How Will You be Informed when Someone Requests to Participate at your Event?
Timely is here to help you generate leads for your events, thus, it is important that you do not miss any booking request from your audience. For this reason, we automate the booking request process so you and your team are always informed.
Every time someone requests to participate at your event, your authorized users will receive an automated email informing about the request. Please note that the email will be sent to the same email address used to log in to Timely dashboard.
Find the automated notification email example in the image below:
You can review which users are authorized to receive email notifications on Settings > Users. For detailed instructions on how to manage user permissions, please check the post How to Add Users to your Timely account.
3. How Can You Accept or Reject RSVP Booking Requests?
After receiving the booking request email notification, it’s time for you to decide whether the registrant is allowed to participate at your event or not. To accept or reject RSVP and time slot booking requests, just follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Timely account.
- On the main menu on the left, go to the Ticketing/RSVP.
- Next, click on the RSVP submenu.
- On that page, you will see your new booking requests. If you don’t see it, you can use the filters on the top of the page. You can filter by event date range, title, registrant's name or order ID. You can also Filter by RSVP Status and choose Pending to filter only events with the Booking Request feature enabled.
- After locating your event, you will see a list with all the registrants and attendees. For those registrations that are still pending, you will have two action options. You will be able to Accept or Reject the RSVP or time slot booking request. Go through the list and choose which registrants you will approve and the ones you will deny entry to your event.
- Once you have accepted or rejected the booking request, the RSVP status will change accordingly. Currently, the RSVP status for Approved RSVP and time slot booking requests shows as Purchased. However, our team is working to improve these labels to be more in line with this brand new booking request feature.
3. How Can You Recall an Incorrect RSVP Request Approval or Denial?
If you accept a RSVP booking request by accident, you can still cancel it. Just hover the mouse over the booking request and click on the Cancel button. Our booking software will automatically cancel the corresponding RSVP ticket and invoice, so no additional action is required from you.
On the other hand, if you reject a request by accident, you will not be able to undo this action. As a result, your registrant will need to submit a new booking request through your event calendar and restart the event participation approval process.
5. How Will Event Registrants be Informed About their RSVP Booking Request Status?
Your registrants will receive the respective automated email at the same time you make the decision to accept or reject their RSVP booking request.
This means that, whomever you approve the request will receive the RSVP booking request accepted template. Likewise, whomever you deny the request will receive the RSVP booking request rejected template. For more information, please check the post How to Customize RSVP & Time Slot Booking Request Email Templates.
For more user guidance, please go to our Help Center. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, do not hesitate to contact us. Alternatively, you can open a support ticket from your Timely account’s dashboard.